I am 35 years old, living with stage IV Endometriosis, possibly adenomyosis and struggled with infertility for almost 4 years. I also struggled with PPD and now struggle with PMDD. I am a mother to a son that was born at 18 weeks and too precious for this earth; and now a mother to a son born in August 2011. By journaling here, I hope to benefit both for myself and for others that are dealing with this disease and fertility struggles. Thanks for visiting!





Sunday, August 2, 2009

More of the waiting game

Yesterday was our transfer for this 2nd IVF cycle. It was just as beautiful as the first. My husband even got to go and take a peek at our embies in their incubator before the transfer, which was really special to him. As we peered carefully on the ultrasound screen, as they transferred the embies into their mommy, it was like a starburst came over the screen. Truly an amazing experience.

Today I am technically pregnant. There are fertilized eggs inside me, hopefully nestling in nicely and finding a nice, cozy home for the next 9-ish months. My first Beta will be Weds, August 12th. Again, it feels like EONS away. We are cautiously excited and anticipating the next few weeks.

We are waiting until tomorrow to see if the remaining embryo made it to the freezer, to give their brother or sister already there some company.

Here are our beauties. I think they look like me ;)

20 comments:

Brooke said...

Yipee! They are beautiful, they have your eyes! HAHA, August 12th will be here before you know it! cheers to you and your hubby

Kelly said...

Those are some beautiful embryos!

Lisa said...

Hope you're resting comfortably! You have beautiful little embryos! Is it August 12 yet?

Amanda and Tim said...

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers xx

Kiki said...

congrats! take it easy and relax. good luck, keep yourself busy these next 2 weeks! :)

Mo said...

They look absolutely lovely. hope they are nuzzling in for a long, nine month stay. : )

Mo

Nic said...

Lovely embies!! I def think they look like you!!!

Sally said...

10 days & counting... good luck!!! :)

Sapphire said...

Yay so exciting! Relax and take care of their mommy!

Eileen said...

My beta is the same day! Sending super sticky vibes your way!

LupronGirl said...

Yay! What a beautiful sight!

Allisyn (aka the Mrs.) said...

i am so thrilled! thinking of you :)

endoenvogue said...

Good luck! :-)

A said...

I hope this is the one for you! :)

J said...

Nominated you for an award! Check out my latest post.

Jeanne said...

Allison,

Good luck!!

Jeanne

JellyBelly said...

good luck! i hope that the 2WW goes fast!

Barefoot said...

Congrats on a great transfer!! Sending all sorts of implanty vibes your way.

Anonymous said...

this is the one, i know it! the first time was just for practice so you were ready for the real thing! i'm sending some of my baby dust your way!

Lauren, Daniel, James and baby Brendan. said...

Praying SOOOO hard!