I am 35 years old, living with stage IV Endometriosis, possibly adenomyosis and struggled with infertility for almost 4 years. I also struggled with PPD and now struggle with PMDD. I am a mother to a son that was born at 18 weeks and too precious for this earth; and now a mother to a son born in August 2011. By journaling here, I hope to benefit both for myself and for others that are dealing with this disease and fertility struggles. Thanks for visiting!





Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Oh, PIO

I just wanted to mention about the dreaded PIO shots; they have been fabulous! I had a friend come over last night to show us the ropes (she used to do her own depo shots). Tonight she came over but my hubby did the shot. They have magic hands! It hardly hurts, just like the sub-q's!!! The way she showed him to angle it in...I dunno. MUCH better than I expected! I massage the area for a good 10 minutes then immediately apply heat to help disperse the oil. It's a little sore a few minutes after the injection, but, so far so good! :) I'm sure after I start having more and more the area will be more sore, but, I'm pleased as punch for now!

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Yay! I'm glad it's better than you expected. :)

Jeanne

Alex said...

Hooray! I'm glad everything is going well for you!

What IF? said...

This is awesome - I'm so pleased for you that the first PIO shot went well and that it's not as bad as you thought it would be!

I don't want to scare you, but read my post today about PIO - it's pretty hilarious what happened. My last PIO shot is tomorrow - hope you get there soon too. :)