I am 35 years old, living with stage IV Endometriosis, possibly adenomyosis and struggled with infertility for almost 4 years. I also struggled with PPD and now struggle with PMDD. I am a mother to a son that was born at 18 weeks and too precious for this earth; and now a mother to a son born in August 2011. By journaling here, I hope to benefit both for myself and for others that are dealing with this disease and fertility struggles. Thanks for visiting!





Sunday, May 10, 2009

The day of no drugs....

I have a feeling that I am going to feel as if I've forgotten something this evening. No shots or meds today for IVF!!! I administered the Ovidrel injections last night-hooray for a break in shots!!!

I am not feeling so hot this morning. Just kinda "blech"-slightly nauseated I guess. There is a ton going on in there, so, I'm not surprised. I forgot to mention to that all these meds have made my boobs SO tender! They aren't much bigger (darnit), but, MAN. If they are going to be this tender, I wish they were at least plumping up some ;)

A little nervous about tomorrow's retrieval. I hope it goes well. I am asleep the whole time, right? The info book they gave me says something about they'll tell me when they insert the needle for the first aspiration. Um, NO THANK YOU!!! I just want to wake up to a wonderful report of a great harvest. Also nervous about my numbers. 8 doesn't seem like a lot-they have to survive, fertilize and thrive. As long as we can end up with 2 to transfer, I'll be happy. Of course, I'd love some to freeze too if it doesn't work out this go round...

I can't think about the what-if's. This ball is already rolling, no stopping it now. We just have to hope and pray for the best and go with the flow as we have been so far.

Still trying to figure this out too-I have several friends and family that read this blog; we haven't decided how and when to post the news yet. I don't want any family finding out online; would prefer not to have my friends find out then too. AND, that's REALLY early for people (we know) to know if we do end up having a successful cycle. Any suggestions? Can I block people?! LOL.

4 comments:

Amanda and Tim said...

Good Luck with the retrieval - I shall be thinking of you x

Anonymous said...

i bet all eight of those eggs will be beauties!

JellyBelly said...

yay for no drugs today!

good luck with your retrieval tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Eight sounds like a great number! Wow I can't believe you're already about to retrieve. Wishing you the best.