I am 35 years old, living with stage IV Endometriosis, possibly adenomyosis and struggled with infertility for almost 4 years. I also struggled with PPD and now struggle with PMDD. I am a mother to a son that was born at 18 weeks and too precious for this earth; and now a mother to a son born in August 2011. By journaling here, I hope to benefit both for myself and for others that are dealing with this disease and fertility struggles. Thanks for visiting!





Sunday, May 3, 2009

Busy week ahead...

How long is the menopur regimen? Tomorrow I am scheduled for blood work, and, they'll call me with the dose of that to start. Do I take that and Lu.pron and the GonalF all together? I guess I'll get my answers manana. Really, I am TRULY taking this one step at a time. VERY unlike me, but, I knew that the more I researched and prepped, the more nervous I would be. I'm a highly anxious person in general, so, the less stress the better.

Weds is another ultrasound and blood word and Friday as well. She said on Friday they have a conference on all the IVF patients and I'll either go back in on Saturday or Sunday for another US and instructions for the ovidrel. I can't believe this has gone by so quickly. I feel so ill prepared. I need to do some reading this week and get ready. I'm really hoping that everything goes well and moves along as planned. I'm thinking nothing but positive thoughts.

Feeling a little tight and tender, but, otherwise okay. The tender is odd-kinda like my old endo pain when I would swell with fluids. But, I'm hoping this is from the meds, not endo this time.

Hoping for the best! :)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Keep thinking those positive thoughts!

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking positively for you - I hope all goes well. Since I've never done IVF I'm no help with what to expect.

Sending baby dust your way.

Just Jen said...

Hi, I have been following your blog for a while now... and can't help but notice the simularities. I too had endo, having 3 laproscopies before doing IVF last April. We were successful, thankfully! I definately suggest you keep a positive outlook-- I am sure that it helps! It will seem overwhelming right now with all of the meds, U/S, and bloodwork, but just take it one day at a time. I look back on our experience and it will seems like a dream I had, now that all is said and done. It is so worth it!

Good luck! I will be following your updates!