I am 35 years old, living with stage IV Endometriosis, possibly adenomyosis and struggled with infertility for almost 4 years. I also struggled with PPD and now struggle with PMDD. I am a mother to a son that was born at 18 weeks and too precious for this earth; and now a mother to a son born in August 2011. By journaling here, I hope to benefit both for myself and for others that are dealing with this disease and fertility struggles. Thanks for visiting!





Friday, February 20, 2009

Bye bye BCP

So, just wanted to post a quick note-I came off my Loestrin yesterday. After taking it for 3 days, I started noticing some "visual disturbance" symptoms...of which I am having some right now too. I called my MD, and, she wanted me to discontinue the BCP immediately. My luck. I didn't take it last night, and, still having some problems right now. Could it even have been that so soon? I dunno. I have a history of migraines with auras on BCP, so, who knows. Given my history, it was probably a better idea to be off of it anyway. We'll see. I kinda hope it WAS a side effect so it'll go away. It's almost like I have a hard time focusing, or, when I shift my eyes it takes a few seconds to refocus. It's actually really hard to describe-it's weird and I hate it. I hate having such "dramatic" type symptoms. Hmph. Anyway, better safe than sorry I suppose...

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

My Endo Journey,

Better safe than sorry. I know I have very weird reactions to meds, in part due to my MCS (multiple chemical sensitivity).

Yes, side effects can happen quickly with just about any drug. Drink lots of water and eat easy-to-digest foods... Try to flush the medication out of your system as quickly as you can.

So sorry about your vision problems. I've had prescriptions affect my vision. NOT FUN.

Hang in there!

Jeanne

Alex said...

Sorry to hear the Loestrin didn't work out for you, I had to switch my meds this week as well due to continued migraines with auras too. :( I'm on a progestin only "mini" pill, hoping that the lack of estrogen will help. *sigh* I wish this weren't so frustrating for us! Keep us updated on your vision!