I am 35 years old, living with stage IV Endometriosis, possibly adenomyosis and struggled with infertility for almost 4 years. I also struggled with PPD and now struggle with PMDD. I am a mother to a son that was born at 18 weeks and too precious for this earth; and now a mother to a son born in August 2011. By journaling here, I hope to benefit both for myself and for others that are dealing with this disease and fertility struggles. Thanks for visiting!





Monday, January 19, 2009

Cycle 6 post Lupron

Today is Day 3 of my cycle. It was also my first go round at the new clinic. Can I just say how much I LOVE it?!?! They are so much more involved there-explaining EVERYTHING. It's just what I needed to feel comfortable in all this confusion! During my ultrasound, the tech was measuring everything and telling me all about it. There was a screen I could see everything on too-I liked that.

My endometrioma is there and larger than ever 5.35x4.35-growing and growing. The actual ultrasound was awful...it took the poor girl 15 minutes to find my right ovary around this mass. I am feeling SO ill tonight-I was only able to stay 1/2 day at work today. I think it's from all of the prodding.

I got the go ahead for the Femara, so, I'll start that tonight for 5 days. Then, I'll go back to the clinic next Tuesday for a follow-up ultrasound. They give the ovidrel in the clinic...which I am thankful for. I won't have to fight my insurance about mailing it and all that mess.

So, here we go again. I think after this round I want to try BC for a little while. I dunno, I can't decide. I know it'll help ease some endo issues...but it's not going to slow or do anything with the mass. So, in that respect there is no point. If this cycle isn't successful, we'll set up an appt with the Dr. to see what's next. I know she wants to keep an eye on the endometrioma, so, I'll keep going in for the ultrasounds. I'm glad she wants to keep an eye on that.

4 comments:

Jamee said...

I hope this is your cycle! I know how painful it can be with the u/s tech has to search for an ovary! I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you!

Anonymous said...

It makes such a difference when you have a doctor's office whose staff seem genuinely concerned and are patient with you.

I hope this is your cycle. You've been through so much already.

Check out this link on WebMD, it's very helpful in explaining all of the fertility meds. http://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/guide/fertility-drugs

Alex said...

Oh geez, I'm so sorry. :( This is exactly where I was a few months ago when I had to stop TTC, only I didn't even make it as far as you... I only got in 4 cycles post Lupron... *sigh* I'll keep praying your BFP is right around the corner!!!

My Endo Journey said...

Thanks guys! 517-I hope everything is going well with the adoption front. I follow it often!

Alex-I'm 6 cycles post lupron, but, we've only done that last month with the fertility meds...she said 2-3 cycles, but, nothing much past that shows much efficacy with them, esp with my endo history. So, we'll see. Your blog helped me really know what to expect when my old Dr. was giving us the run around. I really appreciate you sharing your experience!

Thanks for the link Kischa! It was very helpful.