I am 35 years old, living with stage IV Endometriosis, possibly adenomyosis and struggled with infertility for almost 4 years. I also struggled with PPD and now struggle with PMDD. I am a mother to a son that was born at 18 weeks and too precious for this earth; and now a mother to a son born in August 2011. By journaling here, I hope to benefit both for myself and for others that are dealing with this disease and fertility struggles. Thanks for visiting!





Saturday, November 1, 2008

Welcome new bloggers...and other random thoughts

Thanks everyone for coming to visit! I am so glad that there are others out there to communicate and relate to with these issues! Helps keep me sane! I hope you find this blog and the others I have linked here helpful. We are all here for each other-that's why we write these blogs. If I can help just one person by sharing my experiences, I'll feel that this journey is for a purpose! :) Thank you everyone for sharing your stories!!!!

Things here have been going okay. I started my period on Tuesday-it was pretty bad that day and it's been rather mild since then. I'm still cramping, and, the cycle is SOOOO off. It's so strange. My temps are fluctuating a lot too. I don't know what that means.

I did call my OBGYN about my possible diaphragm involvement that I am following with my primary care-and HE called me back and left a message on Friday. He said that there really wasn't much we can do right now about the "disseminated" endo, but, I needed to keep track of everything. The only treatments he would have available would be Lupron (been there, done that) and continuous BC, which is obviously not an option right now.

I'm glad that he called me and that he knows what's going on. We'll be going to the RE at the end of the month if this cycle doesn't work out. It'll be nice to talk to him about all that is going on too. I have a feeling he'll have a bit more of insight.

2 comments:

Allisyn (aka the Mrs.) said...

hey allison! remember me (allisyn)
i was one of your "endo sis's" on rebecca's page....we are both from nc...ring a belll....lol

i've been following your blog for a while now....you are so encouraging and brave for what you are doing

i've actually just started a blogger account so feel free to check me out!

good luck with everything!

Jeanne said...

Allison,

I'm so sorry you're in pain!!! I hope your doc can figure something out for you. Have you tried various alternative medicine methods? I know you follow a special diet. What about acupuncture, physical therapy for pelvic pain, Chi Nei Tsang, homeopathy, mindfulness meditation??? The list goes on... It sounds like you may want to add the power of alternative medicine to the Traditional Western Medicine you are already doing. Just a thought. I just want so much to help you!!! I know how bad the pain can get!!!

On another topic, I am posting this comment about the topic of 'endo in the media' (last week).

I’ve been blogging a lot about this because I’m concerned that the public is receiving misinformation about endo.

I’m asking bloggers I know who have endo to blog about this and sign my petition too. I’m planning to send petition to Oprah and “The View”...

Petition:

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/endometriosis-awareness-understanding.html

***ANYONE*** wishing to help the endo cause can sign this petition… We have signatures from the US, the UK, and South Africa so far...

See my blog for details on the misinformation in the media last week following endo diagnoses for 2 contestants on "Dancing with the Stars".

Jeanne
http://www.endendoat.blogspot.com