I am 35 years old, living with stage IV Endometriosis, possibly adenomyosis and struggled with infertility for almost 4 years. I also struggled with PPD and now struggle with PMDD. I am a mother to a son that was born at 18 weeks and too precious for this earth; and now a mother to a son born in August 2011. By journaling here, I hope to benefit both for myself and for others that are dealing with this disease and fertility struggles. Thanks for visiting!





Sunday, April 13, 2008

Thursday-Sunday

Sorry I've been MIA-we went to see Wicked on Friday evening, and went OOT for a friends wedding on Saturday. It's been a long weekend, but, a good one. I talked with my GI last week, and they suggested I double up on my nexium (1 in the AM, 1 in the PM) and to take a pepcid mid-day. That has DEFINITELY helped the "stick in my chest" feeling I was having. I still get a dull, sore pain in my mid-section, but, it's definitely much easier to deal with. I am not sure if this reflux is the medication, or, my past history? I think my GI wants to do some tests to check it all out. So, we'll see. Heartburn was from (4-3-2-2) this weekend. The shortness of breath is still a bit of a problem (2), but, it's getting better too I think? Some generalized pains in the chest on and off (2).

I've been having random abdominal pains-a lot of times when my belly or bladder are full (2) like a duller form of my endo pain. And, random headaches. They don't last long and aren't persistant-I've always had headaches, so, I dunno if this is anything "new" or not. Also, barely spotting now...no use for pantyliners for this. I wonder if this means that the estrogen is going to start tapering soon? That makes me a little nervous.

Speaking of nervous, I haven't decided on the Lexapro yet-I took 1/2 of some xanax I have everyday since Weds. It's SUCH A LOW dosage, it's probably more of a mental calmness than an actual effect of the meds. I just am hesitant of the Lexapro. I really don't feel like taking anything else.

Here comes another week. I hope this finds you all well!

3 comments:

Lupron Journal said...

A friend of mine who works in mental health recommended Wellbutrin. Maybe try that instead of Lexapro?

Yes, I am going ahead with the next shot. I'm hoping all of this is an estrogen flare as my doc suggested and not a reaction to the drug.

Biking was so nice!!! I felt free from my ailing body, even if it was only for a second. :-) Hope you have a good week too!

Grown Up Train said...

Hey-- found you based on your comment on my blog. Thanks for checking in. Just wanted to throw my two cents in on the Lexapro: I am pro. My doc and I adjusted my psych meds in anticipation of Lurpon's side effects (plus, I've been down lately anyway). Nothing to be afraid of... I'd be happy to talk to you about it more. email me if you want more info. Us Lupron girls have to stick together!

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

So glad to find your site. I too have endometriosis that seems to manifest significantly in my bowels (I had a colonoscopy two weeks ago and am awaiting results indicating whether or not I also have Crohn's). I started Lupron 6 weeks ago, and have had two doses.

Does anyone else frequently worry that they may have something worse than endo? I'm so paranoid that doctors are missing something. It's ruining my life.