I am 35 years old, living with stage IV Endometriosis, possibly adenomyosis and struggled with infertility for almost 4 years. I also struggled with PPD and now struggle with PMDD. I am a mother to a son that was born at 18 weeks and too precious for this earth; and now a mother to a son born in August 2011. By journaling here, I hope to benefit both for myself and for others that are dealing with this disease and fertility struggles. Thanks for visiting!





Thursday, March 13, 2008

Im done and home at last

The procedure was fine-the drugs they give you are good stuff. Not a BAM in your face sleep, but, very soothing. The staff there are AWESOME! But, they poked me 3 or 4 times to get an IV started. I'm going to look like someone beat me. My nurse was fabulous-very comforting!!

If I talked to the Dr., I have NO idea (we talked beforehand, but not after-he spoke with Weston). I barely remember getting home (I was asleep most of the time). Just now getting to my milk shake we picked up on the way home.

The Dr. scraped some stuff out that he wasn't sure about, and we'll get the results of that in about 2 weeks (DAYM that's a long time). He didn't think that the endo had penetrated my colon, but, it was definitely attaching on the outside (I guess it causes some type of inflammation? Wes said he said that it was pushing in?). We'll see what the lab says. he procedure was fine-the drugs they give you are good stuff. Not a BAM in your face sleep, but, very soothing. The staff there are AWESOME! But, they poked me 3 or 4 times to get an IV started. I'm going to look like someone beat me. My nurse was fabulous-very comforting!!

He's going to talk with my other Dr.'s about what's going on, and we'll go from there. I think as long as it is not causing horrid pain and everything else is working properly, there isn't going to be a need to remove it at this point. Maybe have a procedure where they can remove more from the outside, or possibly resection my colon when/if it comes down to that. I am assuming the Lupron will act to help that stuff die off too-I guess. Need to talk with the Dr. more about that later.

Glad to have that all done!! The prep was definitely the worst part, that and them trying to find a vein for the IV. I feel a bit bloated and gassy right now, which is normal. I almost threw up on the way home...or maybe I did. Not much in there though-so, it wasn't bad.

I'll anxiously be waiting on my results, and, we'll keep you updated. Just need to rest now-nite nite! No tumors though-WOOT!

No comments: